Goo Goo Dolls: Something For The Rest Of Us

Goo Goo Dolls

Something For The Rest Of Us

Warner Bros.

A

Something For The Rest Of Us is just that, a collection of “oblique” songs (as John Rzeznik describes them) written for the world to interpret in their own unique way.

Rzeznik’s voice is in its best shape since 1998’s Dizzy Up The Girl, with more distinction and emotion than ever, and he’s retained the rare ability to articulate thoughts in few words (a Lennon-ism). Even Goo Goo Dolls founder and bassist Robby Takac’s songs are full of melody and emotion with their regular punk rock flare embedded.

It’s easy to tell that background musicians Korel Tunador (eerily good harmonies, keys, guitar, sax, etc.) and Brad Fernquist (lead guitar, mandolin, etc.) are a part of this effort, as they have consistently added extra love, talent and underlying elements to everything the Dolls have created since they joined in ’06.

This album is a comforting gift from a band with a genuine conception of these times, to those struggling in everyday life: lacking money, food or a home in this poor economy, losing loved ones by natural disasters and senseless wars, and everything in between.

In A Word: Human

—by , September 1, 2010

reader responses
  1. Well done keep up the great work!

Jaedong on 9/10/2010 at 06:16 AM

2. I luv u guys! Great job on your cd……

Iris on 9/10/2010 at 06:14 AM

3. I have ggd’s youngest fan!
    A physical therapist comes 2 a week and in order for anything to get accomplished ggd’s have to be on she loves ya guys!
    My baby is 1 she watches DVD of you over and over when I’m driving we only listen to ggd she can upset and as soon as she listens to them she’s ;)

Noelle on 9/10/2010 at 06:12 AM

4. Album is breathtaking ggd’s are just great and one of a kind! Their music is always
    So inspiring to me and helps me get through each day. They are just god sent! I met them and they are not only best band ever but so so nice everyone enjoy ur cd and if you don’t have one get one!

Cissa on 9/10/2010 at 06:03 AM

5. a gem

Chris long on 9/9/2010 at 11:51 AM

6. Fantastic album i just LOVE it keep up the hard work guys chase that dream and to all who bring us goo goo dolls you no who you are THANKYOU

Mojopaul on 9/9/2010 at 10:23 AM

7. The cd is great my favorite song is hey ya every song has so
    Much meaning which make them
    Incomparable to any other band I have been and will continue to be a dedicated fan

Frank on 9/9/2010 at 02:00 AM

8. Cd is just Amazing every song is awesome!!! They are truly the best band ever! May they continue to be blessed and have alot of success because they are great!!!!!!!

Marisa4kids on 9/9/2010 at 01:54 AM

9. This album truly is a “gift”. It came from their hearts and souls. Thank you!

Lesia Madden on 9/8/2010 at 10:21 AM

10. I love the new Goo Goo Dolls CD its mellow and as always I love John’s voice and he soulds so good. Good Job

Barb Giorgi on 9/8/2010 at 10:18 AM

Site designed by Subjective Designs | Powered by WordPress | Content © 1969-2016 Arts Weekly, Inc. All Rights Reserved.